Friday, October 29, 2010

Who thought 6:10 am would be considered "oversleeping"?

So I had trouble going to sleep last night. Probably the anticipation of the weekend and the Dr. Pepper I drank around 7:00 (yep, that's probably it). My alarm rings on my cell phone at 5:10 am every morning (really sucks, I know). I have to get out of bed around 5:40 to get in the shower with enough time to get ready and out the door by 6:25-6:30 (thank you Pulaski County Schools for changing the start time to 7:30!). You may wonder why my alarm rings at 5:10 and I don't get up until 5:40...well, I like to hit the snooze a few times. Makes me feel better...something about 10 minute intervals that makes me feel like I have so much more time to sleep...haha! So this morning, I guess I snoozed, and snoozed, and snoozed until Hunter's alarm rang at 6:10.

HOLY CRAP, I'M SO LATE WAKING UP...HOW AM I GOING TO SHOWER AND GET OUT OF THE DOOR IN 20 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE TO SHOWER, I LOOK LIKE TOTAL CRAP!!!!!!!! (taking you through my thought process)

Pure Panic...and man can I get ready fast when I need to! I jumped in the shower, which lasted .2 seconds and was running around like a crazy person. I figured I'd better get my eye makeup on because I can't do eyeliner and mascara in the car (especially when it's still dark outside!!). I decided to do my powder and blush on the way...much easier! I wore my hair curly, which is super fast, hallelujah! I made it to school on time, remembered to get my lunch, and grabbed some breakfast. So pleased...now let's just hope that doesn't happen again!!!!!!!! I don't think I could handle another panic attack, especially that early in the morning!

Luckily, I had my clothes picked out. Since I'm a teacher, I decided to wear my Halloween t-shirt my mom bought me. Corny, I know, but the things you do for kids. If I had a picture of myself, I'd post one...but i'm too lazy to do that. So just picture me in an AWESOME Halloween t-shirt, with a picture of a pumpkin, cat, and witch...JEALOUS????????????? You totally should be!!!!

Happy Halloween everybody! Wishing I wasn't too old to trick-or-treat...but wait, i'm so short, if I had a mask, they'd never know...MU HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Carrie

1 comment:

  1. So funny!! I also set my alarm 30 minutes earlier (sometimes more than that) so that I can hit the snooze 8000 times before getting up. Mine are 10 minute intervals too. It's so weird but I feel like I'm getting so much more sleep too!! HA!

    ReplyDelete