Saturday, October 2, 2010

Burn Ban, dangit!

Well, Hunter and I were really pumped to go camping this weekend. Hunter and his father recently purchased a pop-up camper for hunting season and we haven't been able to use it yet. We knew it was going to be a wonderful weekend...finally cool enough at night so we could sleep without getting hot. We reserved our campsite at Wooly Hollow yesterday, and found out last night that there is a BURN BAN!!!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We decided not to go camping because we can't even have a campfire...what fun would that be? We wanted to roast marshmallows and cook our dinner in the fire. So no camping for us this weekend...boo!!! We are going to just lay around and watch football instead and enjoy this lovely weekend! But I am looking forward to my birthday next weekend!!!!!!!!!!! I get to see my parents, aunt, uncle, cousins, and grandparents!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! (for those of you who don't know, none of my family lives in the same state as me, so when I get to see them it's a HUGE deal!!!!!!!!!!) Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your weekend...I'll be enjoying mine (just not sitting by a campfire)!

Damn you Smokey Bear (jk),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm sorry :( we are going in two weekends and it'll probably be freezing and we are taking Connor. We must be crazy!

    I'm so glad you get to see your family next weekend!

    ReplyDelete