Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Student Teacher Update!

Well, I told you that I got a new student teacher a few weeks ago. I was really nervous because he is a 33 year old man. I thought it might be weird to show an older person how to teach, especially a man!! I could tell when he met me that he was surprised by my age and size! But when we finally got past that, everything turned out great! He was such a big help...tomorrow is already his last day!

I have really enjoyed having him in my class. It's nice to have somebody else's perspective and help. He has kept me from having to grade tons of papers over the weekend and spend lots of time entering those grades. I haven't made copies in three weeks because he makes them all for me! He told me that he is basically my "slave" and would do anything I asked of him. How wonderful...can he stay???? haha I love having the help because teachers have so much to do!!!! Not only do I have to teach all day, but I have to grade papers, enter those grades, discipline children, call parents, update my grades weekly for parents, go to conferences, make tests, run student council, make copies, send work for kids who are absent or in ISS, fill out a professional growth plan, turn in my lesson plans every Friday, and the list goes on...............!!!! I feel as though I'm going 90 to nothing ALL DAY LONG!!!! So it's really nice when you have some extra hands! His teacher asked me if I had a student teacher assigned to me next semester because she thought I was doing a good job.....so maybe there is hope for one next semester???? Maybe it's IN MY DREAMS!!

So I have really enjoyed having a student teacher. Not only do I get help, but I get to help them as they work toward becoming an educator. The first nine weeks is over tomorrow...1/4 of the year is already over....WHAT??? Man, time flies by! Here goes another nine weeks...wish me luck!

Teacher of the year,
Carrie Scott (jk)

No comments:

Post a Comment