Monday, October 11, 2010

Birthday Trip to Missouri!!!

I had a WONDERFUL Birthday!!! Hunter took me to Springfield, Missouri to see my family! My parents flew in from Orlando and we met at my uncles' house. My grandparents also made the 95 mile trip for the weekend. There were 10 of us...mom, dad, me, hunter, grandpa, grandma, uncle wayne, aunt dawn, aaron and adam (my cousins)! We got there on Friday night and just visited all evening. I had asked for some money for my birthday, so I could go shopping. I NEVER shop!!!! I hate to spend money and I just wanted to go on a shopping spree. Hunter, his parents, his grandpa, my grandparents, and my sister all gave me money to shop. And man did I!!!!

Saturday the girls spent the day at the Springfield mall! I had a wad full of cash and just loved being able to try clothes on and say "yes, I want this...I'm going to buy it!" I got three pairs of shoes (2 of them are the cutest boots), several sweaters & shirts, 2 pairs of skinny jeans (omg! i'm branching out),dress pants for work (express has "short" which is a must for me), jewelry, underwear...and more! It was great fun and I didn't feel bad about spending any of it. I loved having my family there to encourage me to try new styles...what a great way to spend my actual birthday!!

After shopping, we met up with the boys and had dinner at a Japanese restaurant...so fun (and delish!). We then went to a place called "The Skinny Improv." It was an improv show and they use the audience to help come up with the ideas. Of course they happened to know it was my birthday and they brought me on-stage. I had to sit on a chair while the actors joked and did some skits pretending they knew me from the past. It was pretty funny...I loved it! We then went home for German Chocolate cake and Dairy Queen cake! I opened gifts from my mommy & daddy, sister, and grandma (i got more cute clothes, jewelry and an awesome purse). I feel so blessed! Thanks everyone for making my birthday so special! I didn't want to come home yesterday, but was glad to even get to spend a few days with my family! Love you guys!

All in all, it was a FABULOUS birthday (even if it means I have to turn 27). How is it that Hunter just turned 26 and i'm turning 27??? Ugh!!!! Oh well...Let's just say I have 3 years until i'm 30...

Hope you had a fabulous October weekend!!

This old lady is signing off,
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment