Monday, September 6, 2010

Summertime (June 2010)

I survived another school year and SUMMER IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited??? Getting summers off is one of the many perks of being a teacher! So many people tell me they want to be a teacher so that they can have summers off...well maybe you should come live my life for a few days and see if you change your mind! haha. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE what I do; however, it takes a lot of work and PATIENCE in order to make it through an entire school year. Did I mention that my students are 13 year olds????? Raging Hormones??? Eye Rolling??? Attitude??? Drama??? Yes, I see plenty of those things on a daily basis. Do you think they care about learning how to solve an equation or how to find the probability of rolling a 5 on a number cube? Not really! However, my job is to make them care. My job is to teach them the math skills they need in order to succeed in life. My job is to teach them manners. My job is to teach them to respect not only me, but the students around them. My job is not only to teach them math, but to teach them the life skills their parents fail to teach them. I think that my job is pretty important!!! There is nothing more fulfilling than to watch my students do the math I teach them, correctly. I can proudly say that 95% of my students were proficient or advanced on this years benchmark. How amazing is that? I pray for my students regularly, and hope I have made a difference in their lives, the way they have made a difference in mine. This is why I choose to teach. I truly believe I was called to be a teacher! Summers off, one of the many perks, which I am currently enjoying; however, I love being a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment