Friday, February 4, 2011

SNOW DAY!

So I heard last night that there might be a chance of snow...but i didn't think anything of it. They weren't calling for more than 1-3 inches. It's been really cold here, but we missed the snow storms that the majority of the Midwest has experienced. This morning, my alarm rang around 5:45 and I got up to shower. After my shower, I realized that maybe I should look outside to see if it did snow. I peeked out our bathroom window and there was NOTHING! I knew school wouldn't be canceled so I just continued getting ready. Interim reports were due at school, today, so I ran to the computer around 6:20 to print off my class spreadsheets. For some reason after I printed, I jumped onto facebook and saw a teacher had posted that school was canceled. I immediately went to our district website, and sure enough, school was canceled. I'M SO GLAD I CHECKED BEFORE I DROVE 35 MINUTES TO WORK, TO FIND THE DOORS LOCKED! I turned on the news and found that there was a 100% chance of snow, starting around rush hour...and sure enough, after I woke up from my morning nap (of course I went back to bed), it was snowing! Now we get a three day weekend...yay! We will have to make this day up in June, but it will be ok. I was really tired this week and was ready for a nice long nap.

Andrew Meadows is in town for work and he sells insurance to schools. North Little Rock schools were closed, too, so I texted him and told him. He didn't have to go to work either. So he came over and we hung out for a little while until Hunter got home. Meadows will be staying with us this weekend because he has to work here again next week, and his company won't pay for hotels over the weekend. So Hunter came home around noon and the three of us have been making food and watching tv. I'm so excited for a nice, long weekend. I didn't bring any of my school stuff home because I didn't expect school to get canceled...guess i can't do my lesson plans...darn! I think we may go see a movie in a few...it's a rough life!

Just wanted to inform you of my morning...sorry if you are bored...

Have a happy Friday! ;)
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment