Saturday, January 29, 2011

Brunch with Friends!














So this is what I made for breakfast this morning! Yum!!!!!! As you can see, half of it is missing, and man was it good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (recipe, below) I love Monkey Bread! My mom used to make it for me all of the time, growing up! I have never made it, but decided it was time to try when Ashley Jamison invited us to a brunch at her house. Do you think I got a picture of us at brunch??? No....I forgot! Ashley did take a picture with her camera, but I don't have it, so no picture to post, sorry! I'm soooo bad about taking pictures. Maybe if I actually had an i-phone, i'd take more, but I don't. I'm working on getting a new phone for Valentine's Day...if somebody would TAKE A HINT! We'll see how that goes....

Anyway, about the brunch. We had a great turnout! The guests were...Ashley, Jill Hicks, Valerie Hendrix, Lana Summitt, Amanda Burroughs, Lindsey Holbert, me, and Callie Lillard! It was sooo fun visiting with everyone again. We all live close, yet, we rarely see each other. We reminisced about college days...and we laughed A LOT! Ashley was cracking us up! So glad we got together!

Thanks Ashley for opening your home to us!!!! I loved it! As for everyone else, thanks for coming! I enjoyed seeing everyone! Love you guys! Let's do it again before another year passes...i don't mind opening up my home for the next one!

Loving my friends today,
Carrie

Ps. Did I mention it was absolutely gorgeous outside today...and 70 degrees???



If you would like the Monkey Bread recipe, and aren't on a diet...here it is:

4 cans of refrigerated biscuits (I used Pillsbury, 4 pack)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 stick of butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt cake pan with Pam (i used a lot so it wouldn't stick). Mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a gallon size freezer bag. Break apart refrigerated biscuits into quarters with your hands. Put about 8-10 pieces in the sugar/cinnamon mixture and coat. Remove and put in the bundt pan. Repeat until all biscuits pieces have been coated. Then melt the butter and brown sugar and stir together until smooth. Pour over the biscuits. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand for about 5 minutes to cool. Dump biscuits onto a serving tray and serve warm! Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Girl. You are hilarious. Has it really been a year since our last brunch? Surely not. I loved seeing you and your monkey bread.

    ReplyDelete