Saturday, January 22, 2011

Busy, Busy Week!

So this week was quite busy...I did get Monday off to finish up a few household chores; however, I had to go out of town for work. Yes......ME.....out of town for work. Who Knew????

My Principal asked me, along with 3 other teachers, to attend a Leadership Conference with him. We went to Petit Jean Mountain on Tuesday morning to stay for the conference until Friday. It was great until they made us leave on Wednesday afternoon, due to inclement weather coming our way. We didn't want to get stuck up "On the Mountain" so we decided to head home early. I did enjoy the first 2 days we were there. We got to do lots of group activities, meet knew people, and learn a few things along the way. Since we already had substitutes signed up for our classes, we decided to still meet for our Conference, just in an alternate location, closer to home. So we were able to finish all of our work, just not "on the mountain." I really enjoyed learning how to be a leader in my school. We have a lot of great ideas and activities we are going to try on our Faculty, the remainder of the school year. Then, in July, we will go back to Petit Jean Mountain for a couple of days to share the things we were able to accompolish, etc.... Hopefully, that won't get cancelled because of inclement weather! If it does in July, we have major problems! So, even though I wasn't at school teaching all week, I was still very busy working and discussing ways to improve my school! Let's just hope my room isn't a disaster after being gone all week. Who knows how they acted with a substitute, especially for 4 days!!! I've never missed that many days in a row...only Monday will be able to tell...I did tell my kids I would give them something edible if I got a good note...we'll see if that worked!

Enjoying my Saturday, sleeping in, while the husband tries to kill us some ducks. YIPPEE! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment