Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Days!

So I updated my blog background, FINALLY!!! I'm not very creative so when I find something that works, I stick with it....FOREVER! But the recent change in weather has inspired me to do so. The picture you now see is like two years old, but I liked it...it's fitting for the season. Hunter and I really want to go snow skiing over my spring break, so maybe this picture will be the motivation he needs to plan the trip.

I have not played in the snow, yet. I've just observed it from my windows and front door. I don't have dogs or kids to play with me, and my hubby is at work, so i'll just enjoy the view. It's really okay with me that I haven't played in it....I grew up in Indiana, so believe me, I've played in tons of snow for many years. In fact, I find it hilarious every year we get snow in Arkansas...you think the end of the world is coming. Hunter and I were at Kroger when the snow JUST started to fall and man, it was packed! People were loading up like they'd die of starvation if they couldn't go to the store for like 2 days. And everything shuts down...I LOVE that everything shuts down, especially my job. I couldn't go to work even if I wanted to...it would be locked. Another perk of being a teacher...

So i'm spending my days watching tv/movies, blogging, cooking, and sleeping in. Not too shabby! I've showered, but decided there is no reason to wear makeup or get dressed for the day...yes!

Hope you guys are safe out there in the snow...I'm pretty sure it will melt a lot, today, and I'm hoping to return to school tomorrow. 2 days is enough...we'll see!

Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment