Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Week 33, the worst week for me!

Wow, last week was a rough one. A week that I NEVER want to repeat. I had a 4 day workshop planned in Hot Springs to renew my Pre-AP Certificate so that I can teach my Pre-AP classes (a must in public school)! I had a few co-workers going, too, so we decided to meet up and carpool each morning. Monday, I drove, and everything went well. It was a long day, but it went well. Tuesday, a friend of mine drove, and around 9 am, I started feeling a little lightheaded/dizzy. I thought maybe I hadn't eaten enough or maybe had too much sugar, so I tried to snack a little to see if that would help. It continued to get worse so I finally got an ice pack on my neck and laid on a chair with my feet propped up until lunch. I tried to take a small nap, too. After resting, I still felt bad. I tried an apple and about 10 seconds after I finished, the vomiting began. I couldn't even keep water down...I kept feeling dizzy. Finally, my instructor decided to let me go home early. I'm so glad I didn't have to drive that day because I was miserable. On the way home, my friend had to stop in downtown Hot Springs so that i could vomit in a trashcan, in front of everyone. Then again on the side of the highway in Benton as semis are flying by. She dropped me off at my car in Bryant and I drove myself home. I was really nervous because I was still dizzy, but all I wanted was to be home in my bed! I started to vomit again in my car, luckily having a ziploc with me, and pulled over in a random parking lot to finish. It was miserable!! I called my OB and they presribed me a nausea pill that would melt in my mouth since I couldn't keep ANYTHING down. Hunter went to Walgreens to get this for me, along with chicken noodle soup and sprite. I took my pill and finally fell asleep for an hour and a half. When I woke up, Hunter insisited I try to drink some Gatorade and eat some saltines...they lasted about 5 mins. I was so dizzy the room was spinning and I could barely walk to the bathroom without running into the walls. Hunter has never seen me so bad and he was getting scared. Finally at 8 pm, we decided to go to the hospital. I took a trashcan with me in the car...which was a good thing b/c i vomited the entire way there. I was quite a site walking into the ER, but seeing a pregnant woman, they immediately had me taken up to Labor and delivery. I told them I wasn't in labor, just really sick, but they wanted to check the baby out, regardless. They told me that I probably had a stomach virus, and I ended up getting a suppository to stop the vomiting. The dizziness was caused from dehydration, since I couldn't eat/drink all day. I finally was released around 10 pm and got to go home. The medicine made me sleepy, so luckily, I was able to sleep through the night. On Wednesday, I stayed in bed ALL DAY LONG! I had no energy and was still pretty dizzy. I was able to eat and keep food down, but it took me until Friday before I felt like getting up, dressed, and well enough to leave the house for a few errands. Then on Friday, as I'm finally feeling like eating again, one of my molars starts hurting. I bought some Oragel to numb it and thought it would help, but by Saturday morning, I had a full blown toothache. If you've never experienced a toothache before, they are MISERABLE! It was a throbbing pain that went up my face to my temple, giving me a terrible headache. It lasted the entire day! I couldn't chew anything without being in excruciating pain. I tried more oragel, rinsing my mouth with warm salt water, ice packs, heating pad, regular tylenol, vanilla extract (something I found on the internet), hot tea bags...nothing would stop the pain. By Saturday night, I was in tears. Hunter knew I wasn't feeling well all day because I kept grabbing my face and had barely said 5 words all day (which is not like me at all)! Finally, we called a family friend that's a dentist and he prescribed me an antibiotic because he thought I had an infected tooth, along with a pain pill (Tylenol 3...of course I had to get it cleared from my OB). Hunter took me to Walgreens at 10:30 that night and withint 30 mins of taking the pain pill, the pain was gone! was wonderful! I had been waiting for the pain pill to kick in and I'm so glad we had a family connection. I knew I couldn't go all weekend with that miserable pain. Luckily, I'm doing much better this week. I'm going to the dentist tomorrow to have my tooth checked, even though the pain had gone away. My OB doesn't want me to have any tooth problems while in labor so she said to get it checked out now! I have stopped vomiting and can finally eat food again! Amen! Weston is still thriving and barely noticed that mommy was sick because he gained 11 oz during that week of my sickness. I felt pretty bad for the poor little guy...probably wondered what all those awful noises were coming from mommy! LOL! Hoping that the next 6 weeks aren't anything like week 33. I'm writing this post so that one day I can go back and remember/laugh about Week 33....hoping that i'll never have to re-live that week again... Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Carrie! I am so sorry!!! I can't believe they didn't just give you an Iv of fluids and slip some phenagren through that. A suppository?! Yuck. Bless you! Throwing up with a preggo belly is the worst! And then a toothache? Goodness gracious! Labor will be a breeze after all of that ;) calling you soon to catch up! Love you!