Thursday, July 5, 2012

I'm back...and Pregnant!

Wow, it's been a LONG time since i've made a blog post. Life just gets busy, doesn't it? I can't believe the events that have taken place in my life in just one year! It's been fun, though! Since i'm starting my 8th month of pregnancy, i'd thought i'd start from the beginning of my pregnancy, so I can always remember it! It was Saturday night, December 17th, when I got my first positive pregnancy test. I was home alone because Hunter went to El Dorado for the weekend to hunt (imagine that)! I cheated because I wasn't supposed to take a test until Hunter returned on Sunday, but I just couldn't stop myself from doing it. I had a hunch I was pregnant this month. Waiting for that stupid hour glass to stop blinking seemed like an eternity, so I tried to walk around the house and put away some laundry. When I walked back into the bathroom to see the word "Pregnant" I put my hand over my mouth and instantly began to cry. These were tears of joy! (For those of you who know my story, you know how truly exciting this was for me. I'd been trying to get pregnant for over a year and a half, with one unsuccessful pregnancy back in April 2011). I could not believe my eyes and decided I needed to try another test to be sure. Same positive results. I could not wait for Hunter to get home on Sunday...I kept pestering him to get home and made up some story as to why he needed to return earlier, rather than later. I decided to tape the tests on a paper that said "Surprise Daddy!" and i put it on the computer in the room where Hunter keeps all of his hunting gear (since I knew he would go into that room). When he got home I was shaking and he could tell I was acting a little nervous. When he walked into the office, I followed and as soon as he saw the sign, he just turned around and said "SHUTUP!" I told him it was true and he came and picked me up and turned around in circles. He was in disbelief, too. We were SO EXCITED! We shared the news with my family over Skype that next week, and we told his parents on Christmas Eve. Getting pregnant was by far my favorite Christmas present to date. The next 8 weeks were very scary for us because we were so afraid something would happen and we would lose our baby...but we made it to that 12 week mark and decided to share the news with friends. We knew this baby was in God's hands and we couldn't let ourselves worry everyday. Now here we are at 8 months...God is good! For those of you who don't know, we are having a baby BOY and his name is Weston Daniel Scott! As soon as we found out he was a boy, we had the nursery complete in 2 weeks. We had known his name before he was even conceived, and we were so excited to start his room. Hunter immediately bought paint and painted the walls...my parents bought us the crib, his parents bought us a recliner, and my grandparents bought us the bedding/accessories. His room came together in no time...can you tell we're excited???? As far as pregnancy goes...mine has been wonderful! I LOVE being pregnant!!! I love gaining weight and watching my belly grow...I love when people ask about my baby and how far along I am...I love having baby showers and opening all of his adorable gifts...I watching him move in my belly...I love watching my husband talk to him and get excited when he can feel him kick/move...I love sitting in his room, looking around at it and imagining what life will be like when he finally arrives...I love hearing his heartbeat at the doctor's office...I love eating whatever i want, whenever I want! Yes, there are times when I am uncomfortable and wish I didn't have indigestion or sore feet, but how can I complain when i'm experiencing one of the greatest miracles in life. I asked for this...I prayed for this...God gave me this sweet baby, and I am on Cloud 9. I feel so blessed to be pregnant and I am going to enjoy every minute of it! Life is good! One thing that cracks me up is that I always said I never wanted a baby in August. And God gave me a baby in August. He sure has a sense of humor. The only reason i didn't want an August baby is because that's when school starts...and as a teacher, it's not really a good time to be gone. But what I now know is that I'm not in control. God is in control and He knows whats best for me. Having a baby in August, is actually one of the best times for me. Here's why: I am off all summer and I can do whatever I want. If I don't sleep well, I can sleep in. If it's 108 degrees outside and I don't want to leave the Air Conditioned house, i don't have to! I don't have to find maternity work clothes to wear...i don't have to go to bed early...I don't have to get up early...I get to enjoy swimming in the pool and getting a suntan...I get to enjoy the wonderful fresh fruit we have in the summer...i get to wear sundresses and flip flops (no tying shoes)! It's actually been wonderful! I may go back to work for 2 weeks before Weston is due...but that's it until Late November. It's so nice to have a break from work and get well rested before my sweet baby arrives. I'm enjoying some "me" time this summer, reading books and watching movies. I know this has been a long post, and I'm sorry for those of you who are extremely bored and want to vomit over my pregnancy excitement...but I needed this post. I need to remember how I felt when I was pregnant and remember the good times...because i struggled for a long time before this pregnancy. I know others out there are struggling with getting pregnant, too. But know this...God is in control. He knows what's best for each of us. We just have to trust in Him and never give up! I was lucky to have a loving husband, supportive family, and wonderful friends at my side through all of my struggles...thanks to all of you who prayed for us and our sweet baby. We can't wait to meet him at the end of August!!! Here's a 7th month picture:
Hopefully, I'll be better at blogging this year...we shall see! Have a wonderful summer, Carrie

3 comments:

  1. Amen Carrie! This is a great post! I loved being pregnant too. I'm excited for you guys and can't wait to see pictures of Weston! You're going to LOVE being a momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited for you! and i hope you'll keep posting updates:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Carrie! I am so excited for you! You will be a great mommy! Can't wait to see pics of Weston.

    ReplyDelete